MS Walk last Sunday 2021

Monday, October 12, 2020

Inquisitive mind, a Thanksgiving post

 I was diagnosed in the year 2000.  Life changed fast, all MS'ed up.  I remained in my job, a multi function 'Drug store' with a computer department where I sold and fixed computers till April 2002.  I began the job just before diagnoses in 1998.  My skills became diverse and my mind inquisitive as it seemed to expand in my head while I was employed and recalled about 5 years later when I became Facilitator of this Self Help Support Group.  I am actually thankful for my MS'ed up life slowing me down to this level to find my intelligence, as diverse as it seams 20 years into it.  This AM, I plugged in a question to Google.  Is the number of ms diagnosis decreasing or increasing since 2000 in Canada?  I realized a question had to be answered first, Why is it so common here in Canada?  As always our MS Society of Canada and researcher/blogger, Dr Karen Lee  answered the question fast.  We have the highest number of afflicted individuals here in Canada.

What other questions must be asked before deciding if the number is increasing or decreasing as to diagnosed people.  I guess that is not important as the fact of the number of cases as one case of Multiple Sclerosis affects a community of people. I cannot find information on statistics like populations over the years.  We just have lots.  And new research for treatments increased over the last 20 years.  The cure may be in that we prevent new cases from arriving, as when they start, they usually get worse (but not always).  We will die with this, either by natural causes or by Doctor assisted help.  That is the only certainty in this unpredictable disease.  But if we never start getting sick, the treatment isn't needed.  What if no one ever got MS?  

Well for one thing, the MS Clinic in your community and the MS Society of your nation with it's divisions and chapters would cease to exist when the last MS'er in the community, in the province and in the nation departed.  There would be no need for MS focused Self Help, Peer Support groups, Society offices would be closed and forgotten.  I hope the staff we love find other jobs if that happens.  Life has other diseases though, injuries and just living with no problems through to old age brings a need for support in a percent of individuals in any collective so the group's and society's mandates and goals would be changed.  We leaders will still need followers, leaders will always arrive.  We just need a focus and like minded individuals in our collective.

Speaking of followers, I hope there is a way to follow me here on Google Blog.  I have it set up at the blog I usually write to, Walknroll.info.  Subscribe onsite, I will be posting there more frequently on a diverse range of subjects.  I had aimed for one a month but so far, I've got one every couple of weeks or more frequently.  I think I have 2 links so far pointing here (for 'Weeducation" posts I have developing in a series)  I have it for 9 years.  This version of the site started in September 2000.  It's presently sitting on a Canadian host at HostPapa.  If you consider yourself a Canadian, your Website's server should be Canadian too, Eh?  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquisitive mind, a Thanksgiving post

 I was diagnosed in the year 2000.  Life changed fast, all MS'ed up.  I remained in my job, a multi function 'Drug store' with ...